THIS TRIP HAS CONCLUDED. TO READ REFLECTIONS FROM TRIP PARTICIPANTS, CLICK HERE.
Hi! We are Pastor Cassie Sauter, the associate pastor at Trinity Lutheran Church, Sparta and Cheryl Schmidt, a college student studying social work at UW– Eau Claire. We are representing the LaCrosse Area Synod.
Trip Dates: January 9-19, 2015
Estimated Cost: $1350 (includes lodging, transportation, tour guide fees, entrance fees, tips, and all but two meals; AIRFARE IS SEPARATE)
- This trip is for Young Adults who grew up or currently live in the La Crosse Area Synod. We have space for 16 young adults.
- On June 30, any remaining spots are open to young adults across Wisconsin & the country. Those who live outside the La Crosse Area may sign-up before June 30, and will be notified via e-mail the first weeks of July about remaining spots.
- A deposit of $350 is due by June 30. *information on where to send deposit will be emailed to you completing the google doc. **those who sign up after June 30 will also be notified of their deposit due date.
Expectations: Participants will be expected to participate in three group meetings before the trip to prepare, and two meetings after the trip to reflect. All participants should be prepared to walk three miles a day. Participants will be expected to share about their experience in their home congregations when they return.
The goals of our trip are to help participants:
- Provide opportunities that invite participants to fall in love with the people and the land.
- Actively work to create relationships that transcend the trip.
- Give participants a new lens to view faith and how they live out their baptism.